- The Pallet Network Members collect customer’s pallets and take them back to their depot.
- Details are logged into the central IT system by the local member and delivery documentation and pallet labels are printed.
- The freight is trunked to the central hub on doubledeck trailers.
- At the hub pallets are checked, scanned and placed in the delivery depot bays.
- The scanning and reloading process begins at 1am and trailers arrive back to their regional depot at 5am.
- Pallets are offloaded, checked and scanned in the local depot and are loaded on delivery vehicles for morning delivery.
- Proof of delivery information is keyed in at source and the POD image is scanned for electronic transfer to the central system.
- The scanned image is available to clients electronically via the web.
- Pallets to the UK are loaded in the Dublin hub at 3am and shipped to the hub in Rugby for forwarding to the UK Member depots for delivery.
- Imports from the UK are collected by the UK depots and shipped to Rugby where they are scanned and loaded onto doubledeck trailers to Ireland.
- The same IT system operates in Ireland and the UK to control pallet movements enabling tracking of the goods and providing imaged proof of deliveries.
The Pallet Network (Ireland)